Do you know that you can disable the Webcam on Windows 10? Presently, there are many prying intruders who always hack into your computer to get your personal information. You need to Disable your webcam to protect yourself and your family against hackers. So, in this article, you will be given a short guide on how to disable the webcam on windows 10. You will also be enlightened on how to enable the webcam on windows 10 if it is needed. Let’s discuss on webcam before I will enlighten you on how to disable it.
What is a webcam? It is a video camera that is connected to a computer. A webcam allows its images to be seen by Internet users. A webcam is a small digital video camera that is connected to a computer directly or indirectly. It is a video camera that streams its image in real time via a computer to a computer network. A webcam is a hardware camera that connects to a computer and the Internet. It is an input device that captures either still pictures or motion video of a user. You can use a webcam to take still images and you can also use it to send a live video.
How to Disable Webcam on Windows 10
Kindly follow our short guide step by step to get the process. After giving you the guide on how to disable the webcam on windows 10, you will also be enlightened on how to enable webcam In case you need to use it.
- The first step is to right-click on the Windows Start button and choose Device Manager from the menu.
- Tap the drop-down arrow that is located next to the Imaging Devices/Cameras section. It will display the cameras that are connected to your PC.
- Now, click on the Disable device option, a dialog box will pop-up. The box will display a confirmation that you want to disable your webcam.
- Lastly, tap the Yes option and follow the on-screen instruction to disable your webcam.
- Having gotten all these done, you have successfully disabled your webcam.
After Disabling the webcam, you might be wondering how are you going to enable it if you need to use it. Follow the below guide on how to enable the webcam on windows 10
How to Enable the Webcam on Windows 10
- To enable the webcam, you also need to right-click on the Windows Start button.
- Go to the menu section and select Device Manager. After selecting the device manager option click on the drop-down arrow that is located next to the Imaging Devices or Cameras section.
- Now you have to Right-click on the device and choose the Enable device option.
- Lastly, Click on the Yes button so that your webcam-enabled instantly.